Monday, November 19, 2007

From 'O-SO?' to 'Oh Wow!' in 2.5 hours!

I finally watched Om Shanti Om yesterday! I had promised myself that I would watch the movie and evaluate it myself, unswayed by ‘oh-its-such-aboring-movie’, ‘no-storyline’,’a-waste-of-my-money’ kind of comments।

And O Boy! Did I love it or what! I was completely entertained for every minute of the 21/2 hours I spent in the theatre!

I loved the spoofs, the songs, the special effects, the costumes and yes the storyline too as corny as it might have seemed to some!

But what I loved the most was the red carpet sequence at the end of the movie where every contributor to the movie (right from the Producer to the spot boys) was acknowledged, not just with a you-shut-your-eyes-and-its-gone list of names but their 15 secs of fame in front of the camera! Its not very often that film makers acknowledge the role and contribution of those who toil behind the cameras for months together to create the end product! Way to go,Farah!

3 comments:

Layon said...

Et tu, Brute?

Preetz said...

@Layon - ROFL :) But I actually liked the movie. More than anything, I liked their ability to laugh at themselves and at Bollywood.

Sathish said...

mmm.. :)