Saturday, September 22, 2007

And now for something completely different….

I had watched a play called ‘Always look at the bright side of life’ by EVAM in July। What kept my usually rather short attention span riveted to the stage was the hour and ten minutes of rib tickling humour and the impressive way in which the dancers moved the props around between sketches, while moving gracefully, without the curtains ever being lowered.

And now EVAM is back in Bangalore tomorrow, the 23rd of September with the sequel that’s titled ‘And now for something completely different’। The title itself seems to promise to me some wacky, rib tickling fun.

I’ll have to get updates on how the play was from some friends of mine, coz I am not in town till Monday. Sigh! I hope EVAM comes back to Bangalore soon with a repeat of this play.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same here. Had to miss it because I wasn't in town.. tch

Though those guys have promised me that they will be back soon ...

Preetz said...

Oh good! Do you know when they are back?

r3flux said...

I just saw their new play which is untitled cuz its a culmination of a workshop by some french dude. Its supposed to be a performance art play. I had a real surreal experience cuz it was really trippy since i kept nodding in and out of sleep and the whole feel was very hypnotic since i kept trying hard to stay awake so it was really in a strange zone altogether.. P.S. If ur actually looking for a review u wont find it here :)