Monday, September 17, 2007

Customer Delight!

There is a family of flower sellers who usually supplies us flowers for our daily पूजा. For the past few days, the kids of the family have been coming home to deliver the flowers. Mom asked them for some ‘extra’ flower packets twice because it was पूजा time. Yesterday, even without us asking for it, the smallest kid of the lot, around 5 years old, extended 3 packets of flowers towards me, saying ‘दीदी , auntyji extra फूल माँग रही थी ना ? मैं आज खुद extra फूल का packet लेके आ गया ! अभी पूजा में फूल की कोई कमी नहीं !’

This is what’s called Customer Delight! A 5 year old completely understood what my Mom wanted and his gesture delighted her beyond words! Wish adults were as perceptive as the little ones and knew how to read the pulse of the customer!

1 comment:

Khushi said...

had tears in my eyes as I read this and went back few years ago wherein the helper in our house whose with me since she is 8 worked for 3 months without taking a single paise despite her poverty since I was going through a bad phase in life. kudos to such souls and god bless them.