Thursday, March 08, 2007

A Tribute to the Most Beautiful Women I Know…

Today is International Women’s Day and the whole world is celebrating Womankind.

Here’s my contribution in celebrating 3 of the most beautiful women I know.

Grandmom – The quintessential woman of steel. She brought up my Mom single handedly after the premature demise of her husband very early in life. I hope some of that strength gets rubbed off onto me through the genetic linkage

Mom – The ace juggler. She provided me with undivided attention and ensured that everything was done ‘in’ time, right from getting me ready for school , dishing up delicious meals for the family. She could multitask beautifully and could stretch herself effortlessly to touch my life every time - I remember her staying up late in the night during my board exams, just so that she could make me that cup of coffee, whenever I felt sleepy. I remember her helping me articulate my thoughts better, driving me every summer afternoon to the beach, being my closest friend and confidante, being the devoted wife to Dad and taking care of his every need. She runs the household like a piece of well oiled machinery. In the midst of all the chaos, she managed to pursue a very satisfying albeit short lived career in journalism too! Hats off to you Mom! You are the best manager in the world!

My best friend’s Mom – The ace Time Manager. I see her as the cementing force of the family, the tower of strength for everyone else. She showers love and affection on every member of her family and on friends of her children too. She manages to carve some time for herself after having taken care of everything that needs attention and after having spent quality time with everyone who matters to her. Wish I could time slice my activities as perfectly as her so that I could create that much needed personal time.

3 comments:

SP said...

Hey appreciate your salutation to womenkind and to the important people in your life! Well said!
Also thank you for the Reiki that you gave me, am feeling much better.
Just wondering why we only have International women's day and not International men's day.......

ankurindia said...

it shows how much love you do to them

Nova said...

That was very touching!

Well written Preeti :)