Saturday, February 24, 2007

Janam Din Mubarak!

Here's a toast

  • To the one who recorded all the gibberish I spoke when I was 2 because he was proud of me
  • To the one who religiously took me on those daily scooter rides, come what may, when I was 5
  • To the one who painstakingly labeled all the awards I ever won, so that he could look at them proudly every time and relive the moments when I won those awards
  • To the one who has carefully filed away all the sketches I ever drew, all the letters I ever wrote to family and all my report cards, so that he can look at them and go back in time
  • To the one who patiently taught me complex math that I refused to comprehend till a very long time
  • To the one who pampered me to the core but ensured that I was never spoilt
  • To the one who broke down while dropping me off at a hostel and missed me every day of his life, during my college days
  • To the one who believes that the picture of my convocation makes a living room wall piece, rather than being tucked away in an obscure album somewhere
  • To the one who insists on coming to the airport/station to pick me up every single time I visit home, even though I am grown up now, just to make me feel real special
  • To the one who has always been proud of my achievements, however miniscule they might appear to others
  • To the best man I have ever known from the day I was born, till date

    Happy Birthday, Dad! Here’s wishing that life gives you the best always because you surely deserve all the happiness in the world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really really liked this write-up about your dad. I guess we're very fortunate to have such nice dads.
Love,
Vilu